Energy Medicine for Blood Sugar and Brain Fog
Low, high or fluctuating blood sugar levels age the brain as it damages neurons and creates a disconnect with neurotransmitters. It is also a major factor in Brain Fog and mental fatigue.
Some common symptoms of low blood sugar are:
- Anxiety, restlessness, nervousness
- Waking between 3 – 4 a.m.
- Craving sweets between meals
- Impatience/irritability when skipping meals or not eating on time
- Mental confusion
- Brain fog or mental fatigue
- Difficulty remembering, concentrating, focusing
- Easily stressed or upset
- More energy after meals
- Blurred or impaired vision
- Weakness and/or lack of coordination
Common symptoms of high blood sugar are:
- Tired after meals
- Frequent urination
- Difficulty sleeping and particularly falling asleep
- Overall sluggish feeling
- Hungry all the time
- Waist girth equal or larger than hip girth
- Constant craving of sweets especially after meal time
- Weight gain and difficulty losing weight
How to Help?
The good news is that for most people blood sugar can be remedied by reducing stress, eating a “whole foods” diet, and eating regular healthy meals. Eating a protein-rich breakfast within the first hour of waking is vitally important for good brain health and good energy levels. For many people, eating healthy snacks between meals or eating several smaller meals throughout the day keeps blood sugar balanced.